Learn more”. I didn’t recall applying for Google Authorship. But now it’s here I’m glad I’ve got it. The reflector holder attached to the back of my camera bag says ‘Mark Emery Photography – Google for “MARKSE”‘. Now people have an extra verification that the pages they’re about to view are mine.
Google Business Photos work, noted the ‘Google “MARKSE”‘ on the reflector bag and are now here. He’s getting a LOT of smiles! 😀 And causing a number of conversations to start.
Today Ben was confirmed to be a monkey, not a dog, by a young Ben 10 fan sat on the Hammersmith & City line with his mother.Read More
As followers of my blog will know I’d got DAZ3D to use the virtual figures and show examples of poses I’m looking for in shoots. I recently commented on an image by Dreamlight in one of the DAZ3D groups in Facebook, the lighting really was superb, bring the image close to the point where the viewer asks “is it real or rendered?” A few days later and I get an email thanking me for my support of the artist. It offered early exclusive access to content from a new Learning Portal that will be based on Dreamlight’s work.
I accepted the offer and I must say I’m really glad I did. It’s reopened my eyes to light in a way that other more traditional training videos on studio photography didn’t. And with DAZ3D being free it doesn’t cost a fortune to set up a virtual studio and try all the light effects you want. Of course the challenge will then be to turn the virtual into the physical for the shoot with a real model.
And it’s nice when it’s good news, like the message on the left! Not that the accountant confirming receipt of VAT return data is bad news, but I’m sure you know what I mean 😉 People I’m doing shoots or edits for are now being marked as the VIPs they are so I can get back to them sooner, not have their email become the proverbial needle in a haystack.
The original shot idea has an Oswin lookalike holding herself up on the tops of two Dalek. The final Dalek graphics I hope to get from Stu of CutnPasteGraphics.
For the shoot dummy heads will be used so the pose shown can be shot, “Oswin” looking skyward for “Rescue me chin boy, and show me the stars”. To enable everyone to get a better idea of what I’m aiming for I used a virtual model in DAZ3D, bought a dress for her and experimented with limb positions.
If there are any Dalek builders out there reading this I’d love some help making a top the right shape so the models hands rest in the right place.
Sylights. It enables lighting setups to be drawn on an iPhone or iPad. As the sylights.com title says it’s “Lighting Diagrams made easy”.
Users of Strobox will be familiar with this sort of tool and be interested for a number of reasons..
Loaded up with gear it took me a moment to catch up with the couple. After a bit of conferring in a language I didn’t understand I got a yes.
It’s with a heavy heart that I’ve deleted all of my Pinterest boards. For some of the reasons why have a look at this post by photographer and lawer Kirsten Kowalski. Until all the copyright issues bubbling away in the USA settle down fully I’d rather not put myself at risk. Anyone I’ve invited to Pinterest should read the article and Pinterest T&C and make up their own mind to keep their boards or not.
In the long term Pinterest and sites like them could do a number of things to improve the situation:Read More
- Talking to my daughter about Comic Con a few days back she asked if I'd ever go...
- Love this bunch of actors. Really enjoyed the movie and loving the soundtrack. h...
- Claudiu & Co were back in Bromley High street doing their brilliant sand sculptu...
- People in a pano shoot? South London Makerspace style!
Looking for prints and downloads?
Looking for a Wedding Photographer? Please click here for sample images from previous clients.
Last 20 Blog Posts
- Let sleeping dogs dry – OlloClip test
- Gallery from MCM London Comic Con Sunday 25th
- Thank you Sarah Louise Madison! Photo with Steven Moffat
- Snaps from MCM London Comic Con May 2014
- “Waiting for Green” – G11 at the ready
- Video triggers flashback to studio time with Lucy Cates
- Google doodle tribute to Sir Norman Parkinson, father of Modern Fashion Photography
- No covers for 2013.. yet
- Google Authorship – Get your face out there
- Ben Bo
- She brought a bit of colour to a grey London day
- What is LOVE?
- The sound of an air kiss? MUAH not MWAH!
- My local studio: Snappy Snaps Bromley
- Drop the camera, grab the mouse and relearn about light
- Thoughts of clothes like a resilient parasite?
- Last of the MARKSE 2012 “Covers”
- First image from Novembers All White shoot
- VIP your contacts with iOS 6
- Newsstand rival – Google Play launches Magazines