Learn more”. I didn’t recall applying for Google Authorship. But now it’s here I’m glad I’ve got it. The reflector holder attached to the back of my camera bag says ‘Mark Emery Photography – Google for “MARKSE”‘. Now people have an extra verification that the pages they’re about to view are mine.
Google Business Photos work, noted the ‘Google “MARKSE”‘ on the reflector bag and are now here. He’s getting a LOT of smiles! 😀 And causing a number of conversations to start.
Today Ben was confirmed to be a monkey, not a dog, by a young Ben 10 fan sat on the Hammersmith & City line with his mother.Read More
Welcome to the lineup miss, love the hair! 🙂
- A strong feeling of affection or sexual attraction for someone
- A great interest and pleasure in something
- A tennis score of zero
- A song by many artists, my favorite being “What is Love?” by Haddaway
- My passion for fashion and people photography!
- A twice-yearly magazine published by Condé Nast / Vogue
- A shoot with a vintage Lady Pearls dress, hopefully 2013’s weather and availability of people will allow the shoot to happen this year.
- A red themed creative shoot with a new model Jodi, her man and the red dress above.
- The micromesh body and business suit themed shoot I’ve had a casting call for on Purple Port.
- Some collaborative shoots with the guys following the Bromley Photographers Facebook page.
- The “KCACO” shoot now that I’ve found a fantastic space to shoot out of – big enough to park a few London buses and only £30/hour to rent!
- The “That’s not a moon…” Star Wars themed shoot with Katherine and some of the 501st if we can get the timing right.
So you know some of my passions; people and fashion, what are yours?
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Search the web for it and you’ll see numerous sites defining Mwah as the sound made, nothing more. Even if spelt differently.
I think it should always be spelt MUAH and stand for Make Up Artist Here!
With an unspoken “Look at my awesome make-up, do you think I’m going to risk smudging it with anything but an air kiss!?”
I’ve had someone post a message via the sites contact form tonight asking which studio I use. As they made a typo when entering their email address I’ve been unable to reply. Anyone wondering where it is, here’s the address.
Snappy Snaps Bromley
31 Market Square
As followers of my blog will know I’d got DAZ3D to use the virtual figures and show examples of poses I’m looking for in shoots. I recently commented on an image by Dreamlight in one of the DAZ3D groups in Facebook, the lighting really was superb, bring the image close to the point where the viewer asks “is it real or rendered?” A few days later and I get an email thanking me for my support of the artist. It offered early exclusive access to content from a new Learning Portal that will be based on Dreamlight’s work.
I accepted the offer and I must say I’m really glad I did. It’s reopened my eyes to light in a way that other more traditional training videos on studio photography didn’t. And with DAZ3D being free it doesn’t cost a fortune to set up a virtual studio and try all the light effects you want. Of course the challenge will then be to turn the virtual into the physical for the shoot with a real model.
Sometimes I wish I wasn’t able to picture things in my mind so well. As the character Cobb in Inception says “What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm?
An idea. Resilient… highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it’s almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed – fully understood – that sticks; right in there somewhere.”
Lady Pearls I had an image I named “The Proposal” pop into my head. Unfortunately the young lady I was going to shoot with moved with work, then put on a little weight, the dress is still with her in storage and image unshot. The same goes for my Dr Who inspired Oswin Oswald tribute shot; I found two models wanting to do it, lack of suitable shoes and dress again keep the image unshot.
On Christmas Eve the family were in a local superstore getting last minute bits. A Scarlett Johansson lookalike walked through the store in a sheer body-stocking or leotard with V modesty panel! In my mind I combined it with a well tailored black suit and heals. In some ways I wish I’d not seen her as now the image is fully formed and I want to get it into pixels. Can I find the right item though? I wish I’d said hello and given the lady my card, if only to find out where she got hers from and save myself from seeing things I’d rather not have seen while doing searches on Google. I’ve searched Google, Amazon and Polyvore for sheer bodysuit, bodystocking, leotard, club wear and dance wear. So far the closest thing I can find is the leotard below. Close but not quite right, so the hunt goes on.
It’s been a very busy but great year, I’m still enjoying my people photography but now also a Fully Certified Google Business Photos Photographer.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year!
The shoot reinforced a few things: Anyone can be a model. If they start the session by standing straight on to the camera with a bit of guidance and a little time they soon relax creating more interesting poses. I must have a budget for clothes shopping. Megan and Tyler came with all of their own white clothes, but didn’t have white shoes. Thankfully we found these pumps in New Look. Check out all the local charity shops. Hats, belts and even a white teddy bear were to be found!Read More
Looking for prints and downloads?
Looking for a Wedding Photographer? Please click here for sample images from previous clients.
Last 20 Blog Posts
- MCM ComicCon May 2016
- Getting back into the studio..
- MCM Comic Con 2015
- Let sleeping dogs dry – OlloClip test
- Thank you Sarah Louise Madison! Photo with Steven Moffat
- Snaps from MCM London Comic Con May 2014
- “Waiting for Green” – G11 at the ready
- Video triggers flashback to studio time with Lucy Cates
- Google doodle tribute to Sir Norman Parkinson, father of Modern Fashion Photography
- No covers for 2013.. yet
- Google Authorship – Get your face out there
- Ben Bo
- She brought a bit of colour to a grey London day
- What is LOVE?
- The sound of an air kiss? MUAH not MWAH!
- My local studio: Snappy Snaps Bromley
- Drop the camera, grab the mouse and relearn about light
- Thoughts of clothes like a resilient parasite?
- Last of the MARKSE 2012 “Covers”
- First image from Novembers All White shoot