A few things got me writing this post: Brighton Beauty photographer John Farrar’s Facebook status “I’m a photographer not a tog!“, a “I’m not a photographer, I just love my dSLR” comment from my last street photography subject, a statement on composition from Frederick Van Johnson of Shut up and Shoot and my wife commenting on the people that have helped with lighting test shoots these past months.
Frederick’s Shut Up And Shoot audio casts on the train this morning I got thinking about how little I’ve used the camera outside the studio the last few months.
A beautiful sunny view out of the window inspired a walk up to St Paul’s for lunch. Expecting a call from a team mate I decided the walk, talk, lunch and taking in some Vitamin D was in order. Rather than do the normal pressured steam-in, steam-out I’d take the camera too and chill out, if only for a few minutes.Read More
Organised by the Ramada Encore Belfast, there are 13 hotels from the group taking part, swapping tarmac for hotel lobbies.Read More
It’s with a heavy heart that I’ve deleted all of my Pinterest boards. For some of the reasons why have a look at this post by photographer and lawer Kirsten Kowalski. Until all the copyright issues bubbling away in the USA settle down fully I’d rather not put myself at risk. Anyone I’ve invited to Pinterest should read the article and Pinterest T&C and make up their own mind to keep their boards or not.
In the long term Pinterest and sites like them could do a number of things to improve the situation:Read More
Should press pictures with half blinks be banned?
Wind back the clock and….
I’m on a train into London reading the Metro. Page 25 in the “Guilty pleasures” section has a photo of Kate Moss and Jamie Hince leaving Soho’s Box. “.. after what looks like a damn good night. The notorious party girl ..” reads the text.
Looking for prints and downloads?
Looking for a Wedding Photographer? Please click here for sample images from previous clients.
Last 20 Blog Posts
- MCM ComicCon May 2016
- Getting back into the studio..
- MCM Comic Con 2015
- Let sleeping dogs dry – OlloClip test
- Thank you Sarah Louise Madison! Photo with Steven Moffat
- Snaps from MCM London Comic Con May 2014
- “Waiting for Green” – G11 at the ready
- Video triggers flashback to studio time with Lucy Cates
- Google doodle tribute to Sir Norman Parkinson, father of Modern Fashion Photography
- No covers for 2013.. yet
- Google Authorship – Get your face out there
- Ben Bo
- She brought a bit of colour to a grey London day
- What is LOVE?
- The sound of an air kiss? MUAH not MWAH!
- My local studio: Snappy Snaps Bromley
- Drop the camera, grab the mouse and relearn about light
- Thoughts of clothes like a resilient parasite?
- Last of the MARKSE 2012 “Covers”
- First image from Novembers All White shoot